Indianapolis, IN | 317.446.8523 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Multi-faceted senior engineer with proven experience leading initiatives that add business value through improving the software development processes while continuing to enhance functionality and bring application infrastructure to the next level. Strong technical background in Node, TypeScript, React, Ruby, Python, C#, and SQL technologies with extensive experience in the full lifecycle of the software design process. Exceptional interpersonal and analytical expertise with a passion for increasing organizational profitability by aligning engineering to execute on company goals and application objectives successfully. Passionate technologist who loves sharing with and learning from others.
- Software Engineering
- Agile Development
- Quality Control
- Leadership & Team Building
- Dev Ops
- Application Design Solutions
- Operations & Maintenance
- Compliance & Security
Node, TypeScript, Go, C#/.NET, React, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, Bash, Python, AngularJS, PHP, ExpressJS, Java
SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, ElasticSearch, Redis, Flat Files
Git, MacOS, Linux, Docker, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Code Climate, CodeFresh, CircleCI, SemaphoreCI, Vs Code, JetBrains. Azure Data Studio (DB GUI),
Test Driven Development, Agile, Object Oriented Programming, Functional Programming, Procedural Programming, Domain Driven Design
Zylo |Indianapolis, IN Jan 2020 – Present
Senior Software Engineer
Serving as a senior member of the backend development team.
- Create Integrations with SSO providers.
- Create cloud based environments for development to iteratively develop plugins for 3rd party on-prem solutions
- Work with SASS vendors to document and diagram architecture ahead of development efforts.
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests.
- Build immutable ElasticSearch indices for fast processing of core user and utilization data.
- Build Python cron pipelines for periodic data ingestion and shaping.
120WaterAudit | Zionsville, IN November 2018 – Jan 2020
Senior Software Engineer
Served as senior member of an agile development team; responsible for driving user analysis, designing and developing software applications, and building and testing automation tools.
- Performed hands-on software development and testing, including writing code, API specs, conducting internal code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or providing proof of concepts/automation tools.
- Introduced and helped development adapt to coding business logic away from peripheral concerns which enabled developers to ask more focused questions to the product team about business rules.
- Improved traceability, monitoring, and auditability throughout the application by both leveraging 3rd party vendors to track analytics and usage as well as build internal tooling to track bugs and ease replication.
- Introduced plugin architectures in Back and Front end.
- Established and managed project scope for execution of the application development process to meet committed deadlines and forecast product performance in the market based on solid research. Helped keep the feedback loop tight between development, user, and business.
- Created a tooling system that automated features to streamline customer support divisions by analyzing where inter division manual processes were the most costly and building/ implementing specifications.
- Designed APIs leveraging Docker, Node, Python, GraphQL, and Machine Learning to predict lead service line outcomes and help users rectify effects.
- Proliferated a culture of application testing and professional development by utilizing TDD to help produce reliable APIs between divided development efforts.
- Build public apis in .NET and Node to securely and efficiently serve public facilities data about ongoing water fixture replacement programs.
- Build authentication edge micro-service to handle grants and scopes for all custom client applications.
- Build vital infrastructure including spinning up new environments for integration testing, automated code review tooling, coverage reporting, auto formatting, mono-repo change detection, automated dependency version management.
- Managed remote VCS repositories and permissions, including branching, tagging and introducing team to vigorous adherence to best practices
- Aided in architecting component dependency graphs.
- Tracked and ensured that all products are properly patched and maintained.
Fusion Alliance | Indianapolis, IN August 2017 – November 2018
Software Engineering Consultant
Accountable for initial project planning, development of project scope, defining project guidelines, resource coordination and testing coordination.
- Designed and implemented hospital scheduling application; debugged front end and wrote test cases to produce a quality product in line with company and business expectations.
- Built internal marketing ERP for a large pharmaceutical company; developed scripts for environment creation, monitoring, and other automation activities for 99.999% availability of application for customers.
- Developed dashboards and middle tier for an AI security monitoring system; addressed issues/requests/escalations relating to the application received from the Engineering, QA and second level support teams.
- Provided application support to partner organisations and customers, maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
Hat Boy Software | Oxford, MS October 2016 – July 2017
Designed, developed, wrote and implemented web-based applications following established architecture standards as well as software development and project management methodologies.
- Implemented clean, fast and responsive user interfaces using HTML, CSS, and AngularJS; test and optimized web apps for cross-browser support.
- Performed Manual Testing and Regression Testing activities for new software releases on different platforms and browsers, resulting in debugging of significant issues.
- Created WordPress sites integrated with PayPal, Authorize.net, and other payment gateway APIs; wrote PHP custom plugins for clients.
- Determined and developed design approaches and solutions; conducted business reviews; documented current systems and developed recommendations on how to proceed with the application development process.
- Coded software applications while adhering to design specifications that supported business and customer requirements.
- Debugged, QA’d, troubleshot and improved various cross-browser front end development issues daily on platform supporting custom or template websites.
- Participated in project development plans and prepared cost and time estimates providing technical and non-technical solutions for different issues faced in the course of the application development process.
Online: Courses from Pluralsight, Udemy, Udacity, Free-learning-platforms (Khan Academy, Free Code Camp, Code Academy), Linux Academy
University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN, Focus in Music Performance